- This event has passed.
IBM Developer Event: How to Build your own Chatbot
November 13 @ 6:30 pm - 8:45 pm EST
NYC Blockchain Center and Founding Member IBM Developer Team cohost this series of developer events.
Please bring proof of RSVP and ID in order to attend.
Chat bots can be useful in so many different industries and scenarios. Do you want to learn how to build your own in 15 mins or less ? If so come check out this workshop!
Learn the fundamental concepts behind creating a chat bot that can have meaningful and natural conversations. You will learn about the Watson Assistant service and the building blocks of a conversation including
You will learn about:
– Intents: to convey purpose or goal
– Entities: make logical decisions based on user input
– Dialogs: design a conversation
– Slots: collect important information to fulfill an intent
– Digressions and Handlers: handle unexpected conversations.
We will then take the chat bot you built and use it to create an application using Node-RED. Node-RED is an open source logic engine that allows programmers of any level to easily write code that can connect to APIs, hardware, IoT devices or online services.
– In order to run this workshops, Please sign up for IBM cloud via: https://ibm.biz/BdzCzn
– Please bring a laptop to follow along
6:30pm – doors open, food & networking
6:45pm – introductions round robin
7-8pm – hands-on workshop
8-8:30pm – Q&A
8:45pm – venue closes
Join IBM Developer’s meetup group to stay updated on other free tech workshops and events: https://www.meetup.com/ibmcodenyc/
About the Presenter